Thursday, August 27, 2009

Things don't get me down as much anymore.....

Let me qualify the title. I am doing much better now than I was this time last year mentally. Sure, I need more cash incoming, but that is not the main difference. I was walking away into the unknown. I had left the security of a paycheck and was not yet realizing I was suffering from a deep depression. I hated myself and everything about me. People around me had helped this grow and grow. I felt worthless and had suppressed much of the core of my being. It was when my personality got shredded that I was able to be come free.

Now I am where my abilities and personality is accepted and appreciated. I can be the geek I am if not the woman. Still, my feminine qualities shine through and those seem to me to enable what makes me good at my job. It is funny that the things about me that make me who I am might also be turned against me in the world. What matters is I am not in the dark hole I was in. I still have dark days and I am not giving the anti-anxiety medicine up just yet. What has changed is that when I walk away from work I feel good. I like that feeling.

Alexia Rose

No comments: