I am attempting to make it without the depression medicine I have taken for the past year. It is part in my mind the fact that I have not taken it for a whole day, but I am just feeling stressed. The cost is $50 for a month's supply. It just is a bit pricey and comes when I need to pay bills and do shopping for other things. I do have the quick release pill if things get dicey.What is troubling is that I asked the parent to please not do small things to aggravate me. They have not cared it seems. This morning it was a steady stream of just talking that translated to other things in my head. I have to summon the force of will I did for all those years I fought this off before things got so bad in that environment I left.
People really do not understand depression. The other night there was a gathering and the phrase "To blessed to be depressed." was thrown about. It has nothing to do with being blessed. In fact that can make it worse. You feel guilt and shame for feeling so pathetic when things around you are not bad or could be worse. I am going to try and make it. I hope I can.
Alexia

3 comments:
i am really worried by the tone of your last post. if it helps you should know that there are others who do understand depression, they are other sufferers. i know exactly what you mean by the shame and guilt. stay away from the "blessed" group, they sound like fuckwits!
the one saving grace in your post is that you realise that things aren't so bad. please try to remember this.
now be nice to yourself and give yourself a break. you're a cool human being!
I just know I am still in a place that the medicine that is expensive is needed. Things are busy and my parent that I live with is not easy to take when I feel bad. It will be trying as I have to wait to get the prescription filled.
anti depressants that I took for a while made me try to kill myself,
chemicals in your head messing with you is hard to deal with, you need friends to help you through it, good luck.
Post a Comment