Here recently a girl who has a sweet spirit has been on Rachel's Haven. She goes by the ID of Karakent. Kara is a really insightful woman from the post and blogs entries she has written. As you can see she has the resemblance of the actress that portrays Kara Zor-El on Smallville. I think she has a very nice self image. The other day she posted a poem in the Blog section. It really touch the core of my being. I felt my heart give under the truth in her words. I asked her if I could post it on the Blog, I just felt some of you would be touched by her words. She agreed and below I give you a poem about those of us who have to live hidden.
Alexia
The Shadow
By KaraKent
The man,
proud and true,
walks up the hill to a lonely tree,
sitting in the sun.
Dropping his burdens for a time, he pauses to rest.
The man,
proud and true,
takes off his mask to look at it.
Honest, upstanding, strong,
and faithful as the person in the next pew.
But it's all a lie told by the tarnished man holding the mask.
The tarnished man sleeps while his shadow steps out into the light for a time.
She feels the breeze tugging at her long hair,
smells the fresh-tilled earth,
the touch of dew on her bare feet,
and the Sun's caress on her skin.
It makes her feel alive, if only for a moment.
She gazes at the hills rolling off into the distance with longing in her eyes,but stops to pick up the mask of the tarnished man.
She walks back to him,
holding the mask of duty,
love,and honor and hands it to the tarnished man as she slips back into hiding.
The tarnished man puts his mask back on,
then the man,proud and true, stands,
shoulders his burdens again,
and begins walking away to the next hill.

No comments:
Post a Comment