Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Feeling down

Something I have known and dreaded for many years has become my reality.  Genetically I have known I would face this day and it has arrived.  I am diabetic and the last confirmation of that has come to be.

I took the first shot of insulin today.  It has me depressed.  It has me feeling so down I just want to sleep or eat myself to death.  I have so much I need to do this week and I just feel terrible.

I am battling through this, but is is very hard.  I feel so guilty for feeling like this is so bad, so many others are dealing with so much else that is far worse than my having to take insulin.  So I feel just that much more horrible.

I am sorry to those I should have talked to today.  Just didn't feel like it.  Add I had someone ask about why I haven't gotten married and had kids yet.  Harmless in so many ways, but to me it reaffirms that I am alone and will die that way.  I just have to keep pushing ahead.  I have to fight through this.

Alexia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexia,
I'm sorry that you've been diagnosed with diabetes and have to take insulin. Its got to be hard having to do that but I'm sure that given time you'll be able to take it in your stride. People do adapt, even those that are going through far worse.

As for relationships one of my friends keeps telling me, the right person will come along when you are least expecting it.

Take care xx

C B Rigby said...

I appreciate it is hard for you but you can control this diabetes as it runs in my family and is just another part of life for those members affected keeping as busy as they did before.
Keep a record of your blood sugars and if you have such a service, do see the Dietitian for help about what to eat as it's not to hard to adjust everyday meals to take account of your needs.

All my love, sissygurl belinda xxx

Unknown said...

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that, I'm on YIM if you ever need to talk.

Dr Destruct said...

I'm sorry to hear about this. never know the right thing to say. But hopefully we'll chat soon and yo can let me know how you are doing.